flags

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

10 Days On the Road







Ok, I'm just gonna jump right into this. Doing #2 in a public restroom is never going to be something that I will be comfortable with doing. YES, everybody does it... NO, nobody is comfortable doing it or being in the bathroom while somebody is doing it..... ew. I had managed to keep myself under control until I was able to take a shower in a private bathroom. It just worked out that way.... THEN I just had to have Taco Bell. Seriously. It hit me during the day at a truck stop somewhere in Tenn. (I think) Luckily, there were no other women in the bathroom (as most of the time at these stops there aren't) and I walked in the stall to use the bathroom... when out of nowhere a little foreign man pops in and announces that he is coming to clean the women's bathroom. Oh Hooray!!!! He yelled "anybody in there!?" and I said "YEAH, ME!" Listen Pedro, stay out of here until I leave the building.

Now that that's out of the way.....

I GOT TO GO TO THE IOWA 80 TRUCK STOP TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Although, there were a few tornado warnings issued, it was still a good experience. It's huge! They have the regular truck stop items, a theater, a dentist, a barber, 4 food places, a truck museum, and who knows what else.

Now we are headed toward Kansas... I gotta say.. I'll be glad to head back east toward the mountains that keep us safe! :)

I'm here in the middle of Iowa at a Pilot truck stop. There is too much corn in this state and I would never live here. Tornadoes and corn is just not my thing. ;)

I keep thinking about these truck drivers and how sad it is to think about them doing this every day, all day. It's such a depressing job. Driving all day by yourself, talking to your family only by phone Gone two to four weeks at a time! If it wasn't for these truck drivers and all the freight they haul , we wouldn't have anything. It is important job and it is completely overlooked! So many jobs are though....

I crossed the Mississippi River today!!!!!!!!!!!


4 comments:

  1. I love reading these! You crack me up. :-) Your bathroom comments are hilarious. I could just see your face when "Pedro" came to the door. :-) Tell Dave I said thanks and I'm not overlooking him!! Love you guys! Drive carefully Dave and keep him entertained Melissa. I know you have excellent DJ skills and your map reading is pretty good too. ha! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are soooo funny.......be safe and have much fun, and maybe there will be no more "Pedro's" along the way....lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys!!!

    I have to say Nat, our trips helped me alot with map skills!! Dave is seriously amazing with these interstates and roads. He knows them ALL. It's crazy lol I'm always wrong... haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, you crack me the hell up!!! I am the same when it comes to pooping in public restrooms. Oh, Pedro! LMAO!!! I'm loving your blog & the opportunities you are getting to take advantage of. I'm so glad you're doing this -there's so much world to see. You never truly appreciate "home" until you experience something/where else. I have a totally different appreciation & respect for this state now. :) Keep on truckin' (bahahaha) ;)

    ReplyDelete