flags

Monday, June 14, 2010

Takin' It Easy








First of all let me just say this:

1. Riding in a tractor trailer up and down the road is awesome. So much fun!
2. Sleeping in a twin size bed with no room to move at all, eh not so fun.
3. Snacking all day and listening to my ipod while the sun shines through the window, FUN!
4. Taking a shower in a truck stop. Not so fun.




As I write this first entry I am sitting in the truck at a Love's truck stop in Winchester, VA. Thinking back over the last couple of days, I feel very proud of myself. It's not easy being over the road and I don't know how Dave does it every day by himself. I must say he is trying his best to make this trip as fun and exciting for me as possible.


Last night was my first real truck stop experience where I had to actually sleep and wake up at a truck stop. Dave informed me when we woke up that I would need to bring my toothbrush and tooth paste into the truck stop with me in order to brush my teeth. I stuck them in my pocket and followed him inside. I was the only one in the women's bathroom and I was thankful for this because I found it weird to be brushing my teeth in what looks like an ordinary 5 stall, shopping mall bathroom. I started to brush my teeth and kept hearing the commode flush.... I thought there were more women in there with me, but nobody ever came out. There was phantom toilet that kept flushing every 5 seconds. Freaked me out so I brushed my teeth as quickly as possible before anybody could walk in and see me! hahahahaha

We drove today from Tennessee to Virginia. Riding in the truck is so much fun. I don't feel like we have been anywhere that I haven't seen yet so I'm waiting to take some really good pictures for when we travel to some place far, far away...

Let me explain the shower experience.... I don't know why but I was terrified to take a shower at this truck stop lol I stood there with Dave forever waiting on them to call my number. Which was 27, by the way, my birthday number :) anyway, they called it and I walked into this room where there was sink with a mirror above it, a toilet, and a shower behind a tiled wall. There was also a fan on the wall that was blowing cold air. I did NOT want to get naked in that bathroom but I did.... They only gave me one towel and it did not dry my skin or my hair. It was like a water proof towel. No joke.

So now I am ready for bed and another adventure tomorrow! Don't know where I will be after Virginia.. but I will be blogging about it in the near future!

4 comments:

  1. haha, a waterproof towel -that's hilarious! I'm enjoying the read, so keep it coming! Have fun out there & take lots of pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy every minute, your memories will last a lifetime. You are going to have such great stories to tell. Have fun and maybe buy yourself a towel that works lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. have fun and be safe....sounds like you're having fun already. keep us informed

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you guys are taking the opportunity to sing lots of cool songs to and with each other...Many blessings to you both on this fabulous road trip...

    ReplyDelete